Find a Language Partner
Find a language partner fast by filling out a language exchange request. After submitting a request form, our team will review and publish it within a few hours. Read below for more on how language exchanges work.
- Fill out the language exchange request form.
- Your post is published. Don't forget to share your post on social networks to increase chances of finding a partner!
- Members will message you to meet. You can check your messages in your dashboard. If you find a language exchange partner who fits your needs, make an appointment with them at a local restaurant, coffee shop, West Lake, anywhere!
- Meet your language partner regularly to practice speaking. Find another partner if you are not satisfied or have lots of time!
Although we know you are responsible people, it is important to stress some basic safety tips:
- Meet in a well-lit, public place.
- Trust your gut and don't be afraid to leave if something feels strange.
- Bring a friend if necessary.
Here are some good ideas for what to do when meeting your language partner:
- Make sure you take turns speaking each other's languages. A good idea is to speak one language for half the time and then switch to the other language for the last half.
- Be confident! If you are not confident, you may allow your partner to speak your language the entire time, while you get no practice. Everyone makes mistakes!
- On the other side, if you realize your partner is hesitant to speak, encourage them! Be a responsible language partner.
- Have fun! Learning shouldn't be boring. If your language partner does not have many things in common with you, don't be afraid to switch. They are likely feeling the same thing.
Fill out your request today and begin speaking better in no time!