Become a Guide
Every year, millions of tourists come from all over the world to enjoy Hangzhou's beautiful landscape, rich culture, and long history. Now you can become a guide and use your experience and language abilities to show travelers the best Hangzhou experience possible. Learn about the application process below as well as the rules for guides in Hangzhou.
Becoming a guide is easy and all it takes are a few simple steps:
- Fill Out and Submit Application Form:
Make sure you fill out the form correctly and upload your resume in order to ensure the application process is as quick as possible.
- Verify Your Identity
After you have submitted your application, we will contact you to have you send a photo of your passport and visa, as well as arrange a video call. During the call, we will make sure that you are the person on your passport, you are able to speak Chinese, and you are available to be a guide. All information is confidential and we will never share it with anyone, but it is necessary in order to protect travelers to Hangzhou.
At the completion of your phone interview, we will either approve our deny your application. If you are approved, you will automatically become a verified guide and can begin finding travelers. Although you are now a guide, you must still follow our guidelines in order to remain a guide and ensure travelers have a positive experience.
Although guides are not employees, they must follow a few simple rules in order to remain on Hangzhou Plus.
- Travelers browsing HangzhouPlus.com may contact a guide to arrange an appointment. All guides are responsible for creating an itinerary for travelers based on their needs and duration of appointment. Itineraries must be sent to travelers well ahead of their visit so that both parties may plan accordingly.
- All pre-arrival communications must be done through messaging on HangzhouPlus.com. This ensures both sides' safety as we will have a record of itineraries and information exchanged in case of any dispute which may occur. Final communications may include contact information, but only after a traveler has confirmed their appointment and successfully paid. Violations of this policy will result in an immediate ban.
- Guides are responsible for the experience of travelers you guide around Hangzhou. Poor feedback left by travelers will be subject to review and possible termination of guide status.
- Guides may not fail to show up for appointments. Travelers schedule appointments well in advance, and only in extreme emergency situations shall a guide be allowed to cancel an appointment. If an emergency occurs, you are responsible for letting travelers know well ahead of time. Under no circumstances should a guide find someone else to take over their duties.
- In the event of an emergency during your appointment with travelers, you must call emergency services as soon as possible.
- Upon submission of a guide application, you acknowledge that you agree to all terms outlined here. HangzhouPlus.com retains the right to ban any guide who fails to follow our guidelines.
After a traveler has confirmed their appointment with a guide, they will use one of the available payment systems to transfer funds to HangzhouPlus.com. In order to ensure a smooth experience, guides shall not accept payment through any other means.
Once payment has been made, HangzhouPlus.com will hold funds until an appointment has been completed. Upon appointment completion, guides will be eligible for fund withdrawal.